On the occasion of India’s 72nd Independence Day, the Prime Minister of India launched the Ayushman Bharat Yojna. Touted as the World’s largest health plan, this new scheme aims to cover more than 10 crore families, the Prime Minister announced.
What is the Ayushman Bharat Yojna:
- The National Health Protection Mission- more popularly known as Ayushman Bharat scheme will be launched all over India on 25th September 2018.
- Under the scheme, it is announced that free coverage of up to Rs 5 lakh per family per year at any government or even empanelled private hospitals all over India.
How many Indians will benefit from this scheme?
- It is estimated that around 10.74 crore families amounting to over 50 crore Indians will be benefitted under this scheme.
- The scheme will provide a cover of Rs 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary medical care facilities.
- The beneficiaries will not be required to pay any charges and premium for the hospitalisation expenses. The benefits cover includes both pre and post hospitalization expenses.
- And no- your AADHAAR card is not mandatory to avail this benefit scheme.
- This pan-India scheme will soon be merged with the other welfare health schemes run by each state to help in uniformity of process.
- The government has allocated about Rs 10,000 crore for the project, which is claimed to be the world’s largest government-funded healthcare insurance programme.
— National Health Agency (NHA) (@AyushmanNHA) August 16, 2018
Who is eligible for this scheme?
- There will be no cap on the family size and age under the AB-NHPS scheme ensuring no eligible candidate is missed out.
- Members of families living without shelter, living on alms in the rural areas are eligible for this scheme.
- Under the urban-area, rag pickers, transport workers, handicraft workers, electricians, mechanics, security guards are among the list of people eligible.
All public hospitals will be the first to be eligible to kickstart this massive health scheme. Empanelled private hospitals that cater to certain conditions such as having a minimum of 10 beds will be added to the scheme very soon.